Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can I tell you a secret?

I can't stop turning this idea over in my mind and I'm not sure if it's just a mental 'I am worth something' post break-up dream or if it's something that I want to do.

I really want to go back to uni and study medicine.

In lots of ways it seems crazy... I won't be able to take the GAMSAT next year because it's really not enough prep time for someone who has no exposure to chemistry or biology. I'll have to find some text books and teach myself the subjects, and then go over the rest of the stuff that's involved. Some of it sounded like it would have been easy for me back in high school, but now the idea of writing essays seems somewhat intimidating. And then there's the money... no income for four years! That will be hard to go back to :( But... when I think about it I get that little excited thrill of the unknown. I already know I love helping people and I'm pretty sure I would make a great GP or paediatrician. Or if I were really ambitious I could go into neuro stuff, it's so fascinating.

I don't know, it seems crazy and stupid... but I just can't stop thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment